Camminare means "to walk". This is something I am doing a lot of here in Firenze. In fact, after 'speaking Italian', I think it may be my second most frequent activity.

Friday, March 12, 2010

Company!

Dad has arrived safely in Florence, and I am very happy to see him!  The beginnings of spring vanished a few days before he arrived, however (why is it always cold and raining when my family members get here?).  I'm hoping it will warm up again soon.  Florence in March is NOT supposed to involve snow (okay, so it didn't stick, but still...).

Dad does speak some Italian, and has been practicing it already.  Where he learned it, though, is from years of singing Italian opera arias.  This has some interesting consequences.  As he put it, he can say things like "Damn you to eternal hell" and "Your eyes sparkle like the stars", but "One bus ticket please" is more challenging.  He is doing very well all the same, and has had several successful mini-conversations already.

Perhaps I will have time tomorrow to catch you up on my life lately (my life lately being the reason I have had no time to blog--in a good way).  For now I am going to bed.  Buona notte!

1 comment:

  1. As much as I miss your blogs, I am happy that life so good that you have not time to blog. Divertiti.

    ReplyDelete